Before we start
– Setting the Scene: an introduction to the expedition and what to expect
– Why Adventure is Important: why getting out of your comfort zone leads to success
– Getting to know each other
First day on the River
– Safety Briefing, paddling instruction and packing up the canoes
– An Insight Into Our Changing World: Environmental (ocean science, degradation and conservation) and Social (consumption, energy, city living and population)
– Values: our shifting mindset
– Happiness: what is happiness to you?
– Time: our most precious asset and how we use it
– Discussion: how do we rebuild society?
– Photography & Video Shooting
– Social Media
– Money & Fundraising
– Time Management
– Identifying your passion and expertise
– Creating a Yes List
– One-on-one sessions with mission leaders
– Designing your future
Take the Floor
– 30 minute life story from each crew member
– Photographer of the Day
Emily Penn is an oceans advocate, skipper and artist; a Cambridge University architecture graduate; and Director of global organisation Pangaea Explorations. Emily's ability to develop and communicate solutions for challenges facing today's society has been sharpened by a diverse portfolio of unique experiences, including organising mass-waste clean-ups on Pacific islands, trawling for micro plastics in the Arctic, and rounding the planet on the record-breaking biofuelled boat Earthrace.
"I thought I would have an adventure, hoped I would find some answers, and expected to get some clarity. Exploring Mindset did so much more in galvanising me, not just for the immediate future, but for my new direction in life - helping me to recognise where I can and will make a difference, on a personal, and social level. The friends I have made will be friends forever, and I know in 20 years time, I will look back at Exploring Mindset, those people and friendships, and see it as a turning point in my life."
David Ardill, Mississippi 2015
"A life changing experience in which I felt a deep connection to the ocean and with genuine, talented and positive people who share a beautiful vision of the world and that work towards their passions in order to make a difference. Dave and Emily guided us through a journey of adventure and open minded debate where they provided structure but also allowed space for spontaneity and surprise. I came back facing the world with a feeling of meaning, belonging and support."
A very special kind of adventure that will leave you with new friends and memories for life, as well as a notebook full of ideas and a newfound determination to make things happen.
“I’ve never had more fun than I did doing Exploring Mindset: Mississippi 2015 (and I've done a lot of traveling in my lifetime!) The people who were drawn to this were the best people I’d ever met. The smile in my heart will last a lifetime, as will the friendships made on this trip. Truly, this is a life-changing, fun, laugh-out-loud-everyday event you cannot pass up.”
Alexis Ray, Mississippi 2015